The Alternative & Simulated Environments module will help you create or optimise learning content which incorporates the use of technologies that enable alternative environments. You will also find out how to identify the differences between alternative environment technologies and their impacts?
The learning outcomes for Module 3: Alternative & Simulated Environments are:
1. Create learning content which incorporates the use of technologies that enable
2. Optimise existing learning content through the use of alternative environments;
3. Identify the differences between alternative environment technologies;
4. Identify the impact of alternative environment technologies on learning.
The module content will cover:
- Technology enhanced learning (TEL); common eLearning terms, virtual learning environments (VLE’s), alternative online environments, learner management systems and learner records systems.
- Alternative environment technologies including Assistive Technologies, Immersive Environments, Presentation and Multimedia Technologies, Social Networking Tools, Mobile Technologies, Gaming & Simulations and Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality (AR/VR).
- The benefits, drawbacks and challenges of alternative online environments for
students and staff.
Module Delivery & Assessment
The module will be delivered via our online platform and will accessible via www.www.vet-tedd.eu. Participants will assess their knowledge, understanding and application of the module materials through a series of Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ’s).
To enroll to this module, please use the button on the right.